mandag 25. november 2013

Thank you

Now as my South African adventure has come to an end, I would like to thank Cape Town's finest people for making this a lifetime experience. When I planned my trip to Cape Town there was no way I could ever prepare myself for all the things I was about to see and feel during my stay there. It was a life changing journey that I wouldn't be without, with tough times, good times and memories I will never forget. I believe that people from Europe and industrial countries come to underprivileged countries thinking they will make a change for the people there, but most people come home with a feeling that the country changed them instead.  I met so many amazing and great people that I will carry in my heart as long as I live, and for that I will be forever grateful.





A big shout out and thanks  to all the coaches I got to work with at the M.I.T.S project (Making Impact Trough Sport), the other volunteers I was working with (especially Laura), the teachers and kids at Wespoort primary, principle Mr. Blaauw  and my boss- Keith Meyer. You guys made my trip worthwhile, with your way of seeing life and accepting me into your "family". I'm now sitting at home with an intense feeling of wanting to come back and helping you guys out more, even though I just came back to Norway. You all learned me so much about how to live life with a smile on my face, how to help the children as good as possible and how to appreciate the little things in life. My thoughts will always strike back to my time in Mitchells Plain, and back to how you live your lives. You became my daily routine, my friends and my family. It is with tears in my eyes that I want to say you all made a huge impact on my life and I know I will see you all again in the future.  I wish all the best for you guys until I come back to visit you, thanks again.





  

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar